Welcome back to the new school year! We hope that you all had an enjoyable summer. It’s been lovely welcoming the children back to school for the start of the Autumn Term and hearing all about their adventures during the holidays. All the children have settled superbly into their new classes and year groups. We are all very proud of how good they have been and how they have started the academic year! We would like to welcome our new Foundation Stage children who have been settling in to Rainbows and Sunshine’s. We wish them all a very happy and successful time with us here at Marsh Hill. Many parents have commented positively on the two large Timber Shelters, built in the Key Stage 2 playground during the summer holidays. We are hoping to raise more funds to replace the ones in the Key Stage 1 next year.
Parent / Carer Questionnaire 2017
At Marsh Hill we understand the importance of listening to pupil and parent views. We know that working together we grow from strength to strength in providing the best education for our pupils.
Twice a year we carry out two very important surveys to help with this. One is a pupil survey and the other is for parents. We take the questions from similar Ofsted surveys to help us.
Below you will find the results of our most recent questionnairre. You will see just how many parents are happy with their child's experience of the school and what pupils enjoy most.
We asked our parents ‘What do you like the most about Marsh Hill?’
Below are some of our parents’ comments from our recent survey:
- Everybody is friendly, staff are amazing with the children.
- My child is safe and very happy
- They care about everybody and are very helpful and cooperative
- The information to parents is excellent.
- The opportunities to do extra-curricular activities is excellent
- The school always performs well each year
- It’s diversity with a good mix of communities and cultures.
- Staff are fully committed to their pupils and I can tell my child is making good progress
- Good communication. They welcome me with any issues I raise concerning the children and we both solve them
- Not only focussed on academic but on developing well rounded children
Average satisfied response from parents: 98%
To view the most recent questionnaire click on the link below.
To view previous questionnaires click on the following links below:
Gardening Club Barbeque
Thank you to all the parents of the Gardening Club Pupils whom attended the Barbeque on Thursday afternoon. It was lovely to see you all in school It was clear that the children really appreciated it! We hope that the plants that the children have propagated and taken home will come to fruition over the summer and that you will enjoy your fresh vegetables!