Our Governors like to visit the school whenever they can.
Purpose of visits
Visits to school will assist the governing body in fulfilling its statutory duties and its responsibility to monitor the performance of the school
Visits enable Governors to:-
- See the school at work and observe the range of attitudes, behaviour and achievements
- Get to know the staff and pupils
- Demonstrate their commitment to the school
- Give active support to the staff and the activities of the school
- Be aware of the effect of change and different approaches to teaching and learning
- Evaluate resources and discuss with staff further requirements
- Gain first- hand information to assist with policy making and decision taking
- Work in partnership with the staff
- Give better informed support to the school to enable it to meet identified priorities in the school improvement plan.